• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Problems with ssh / Migrator / Keys

ford

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hi,

I translate with google.

Hi,

I have 2 V servers here, an older one with a root password, a newer one with an SSH key as a password.
So far access to both with Putty or Winscp has worked well.
Now I wanted to migrate something from the newer one to the other one using an ssh key.
That's what this was needed for

Unfortunately this is the only result:

/usr/bin/ssh-copy-id: INFO: Source of key(s) to be installed: "/root/.ssh/id_rsa.pub"
/usr/bin/ssh-copy-id: INFO: attempting to log in with the new key(s), to filter out any that are already installed
/usr/bin/ssh-copy-id: INFO: 1 key(s) remain to be installed -- if you are prompted now it is to install the new keys
[email protected]: Permission denied (publickey).

The problem is that since then I can no longer access the source server via Putty or Winscp, only an error message with the PivatKey.

No supported authentication methods available ( server sent public key )

How can I fix it if I can no longer log in via Putty or Winscp, the same error occurs via the terminal in Plesk.

Greeting
Michael

I understand that you can no longer access a server through SSH. In that case you may get support from your datacenter. They can attach a console to the server so that you can work on it through that console as if you were in front of the server at the data center. From there you can also restore the SSH configuration so that you can login again.

Back