• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Procedure to move to new server ?

Z

zboyblue

I have searched the forums and have not been able to find the answer to this question so far ...

I need to know the best way to move all the domains from my current server to a new server with no downtime.

So far here is what I think I should be doing....

Using migration mgr, move the domain(s) to the new server. Then do SOMETHING in the old server to "forward" the traffic for those IP addresses to the NEW IP's. This sounds good in theory but I am not sure how to do it.

Then go change the information in the registrar to the new server and IP's.

If someone could tell me if this sounds right and how to do the forwarding I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Craig

Google for "rinetd" - very handy tool that does exactly what you want.

I just use migration manager, as soon as complete I change the DNS to point to new server and I wear the downtime.

DNS should update in around an hour or so therefore you shouldnt lose much.

But what I then do is use rsync to sync my old servers vhosts and mysql dirs to the new box if I am worried I am missing some new files etc in that hour or so it was offline.

Id be interested to know what you do if you find a solution too.

Originally posted by zboyblue
I have searched the forums and have not been able to find the answer to this question so far ...

I need to know the best way to move all the domains from my current server to a new server with no downtime.

So far here is what I think I should be doing....

Using migration mgr, move the domain(s) to the new server. Then do SOMETHING in the old server to "forward" the traffic for those IP addresses to the NEW IP's. This sounds good in theory but I am not sure how to do it.

Then go change the information in the registrar to the new server and IP's.

If someone could tell me if this sounds right and how to do the forwarding I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Craig

Back