• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Process list and /repair

Darran

New Pleskian
Hello everyone,

I wonder if you could help me, I've tried searching around but didn't have much luck. Basically I have a small cloud server which appears to be running out of ram. Occasionally it runs out altogether, causing the mariadb.service service to crash and forcing me to restart this + use the "free up memory" function in the repair tool to get it back up and running.

This really isn't ideal and seems to be this way after setting up one more site on the server (7 in total now). So, I mean, I have no problem with upgrading to resolve this, only I thought I'd try to see if there's not something that something else could be done about it before doubling up on my costs. In the process (pun intended) of checking it out, I noticed that the repair function and the process list seem to contradict each other, with /repair giving the more realistic figure it seems (at least, it corresponds to slow running and crashing).

For instance, here are the current stats. Is there anything I should know about this or some ram usage issue / tidbit that would help to know before upgrading? Newbie here. Any help you could offer would be much appreciated!

Process list -
https://i.ibb.co/MNZyCM5/22.png

Repair page -
https://i.ibb.co/nDWdFcg/33.png

Many thanks,

Darran

Attachments

• 33.PNG
    33.PNG
    52.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 22.PNG
    22.PNG
    92.5 KB · Views: 5
Hi Darran,

You must upgrade your RAM. I don't know which cloud server are you using but in my experience you can go with Digital Ocean. I have been using Digital Ocean from past 4 years and is highly optimized. Moreover you can find huge database of documentation.

Always keep everything simple without much extensions or other software unless you need it.

Back