• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

proftpd and clamav

NormB

New Pleskian
Running on Debian 8.04

Clamav already running from cron and command line scanning folders.

How can proftpd be configured to run with clamav / mod_clamav to scan input ftp files for viruses etc.

Thanks for the response and these links.

However from posts in discussions elsewhere I was under the impression that Plesk would overwrite the configuration file and null the changes?

We have already submitted request to developers regarding this question (#35136 for your reference)
Let's wait their answer. I will update thread as soon as I receive any useful information.

Thanks for the response - I trust this won't be too long - we're under constant attack out there!

Igor is there any update to this ? Has the psa-proftpd package been patched to support clamav ? I requested this a while ago also and have never heard back.

As far as I know it is still under developer's investigation and I haven't any ETA when it will be implemented.

5 months and still "under developer's investigation"

If the developers won't do anything about this (its been over 5 months) can we at least have any plesk patches that are currently used in the psa-proftpd package? That way I can roll my own packages without breaking plesk ftp if I use a stock proftp source.

The atomic psa-proftp rpm contains all of the clamav support, and works fine with Plesk.

Back