• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Using ClamAV with Plesk

Zoo3

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
CentOS 7.9
Plesk version and microupdate number
I'm running an online storage management application called Nextcloud. And I am also running ClamAV. In Nextcloud, when ClamAV (via the Nextcloud application) detects a file, it outputs a large number of "no file" errors. I have been trying to find the cause in several places but have not been able to find it at all.

-> ClamAV antivirus standalone installation is not supported by Plesk.

What does this mean? I have installed clamav with yum and run it as a daemon. For example, when I use clamdscan to scan directories and files, it does not output any errors.
So would the problem be NC's ClamAV connection app?
In addition to real-time scanning, NC seems to have a cron that is triggered every 5 minutes and the ClamAV connection app also seems to be running some functionality. At this time, the error in question outputs about 100 errors.

I created a subdomain in Plesk and installed and verified a completely new Nextcloud. The same error occurred with the new NC.
Is this due to "not supporting stand-alone installation"? Is this simply a problem with the ClamAV connection app in the Plesk environment?
If it is a Plesk specific issue, is there anything I can advise the author of the app?

Back