1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

proftpd.include keeps getting overwritten

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by ricflair71, Dec 23, 2006.

1. ricflair71

ricflair71 Guest

Hi,

This is a problem that has been happening since version 8.0.1 came out. My /etc/proftpd.include file keeps getting wiped. I know I'm not supposed to touch the /etc/proftpd.conf file as plesk uses it for FTP configuration.. but why does the include file keep getting wiped? Is this not a file for allowing us to customize our setups?

The reason I need this file unchanged is I use a firewall and require passive FTP ports.. I have the proftpd statement in the include file to include the command PASSIVE PORTS 28000-28015

but since it keeps getting wiped when plesk does updates.. it causes FTP to stop working.

Thanks,
    Ron