• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

proftpd-mod-mysql with Plesk 12

O._Schuster

New Pleskian
Hello,

I have an Server with Ubuntu 12.04 and Plesk 12.08 installed. I need an mod-mysql support on Proftpd for a separate ftp account control outside of Plesk.

When i try to install the packages proftpd-basic and proftpd-mod-mysql then that will abort because the psa-proftpd is present.

Can you give me any solution to have mysql support on the proftpd Server? Or how can I install a second proftpd server on a Server with Plesk 12.08 installed?

Thank You in advance

# proftpd -l
Compiled-in modules:
mod_core.c
mod_xfer.c
mod_rlimit.c
mod_auth_unix.c
mod_auth_file.c
mod_auth.c
mod_ls.c
mod_log.c
mod_site.c
mod_delay.c
mod_facts.c
mod_ident.c
mod_auth_pam.c
mod_ratio.c
mod_readme.c
mod_quotatab.c
mod_quotatab_file.c
mod_tls.c
mod_cap.c
mod_lang.c

As you can see proftpd which is used in Plesk does not contain compiled mod_mysql module.
So, I'm not sure that you can use it here.

Sorry but that will not work on Ubuntu 12.04. The page you show me is for Ubuntu 8.04. I need a solution for ubuntu 12.04 and plesk 12.04

That'ts the Result:

dpkg -r --ignore-depends=psa-proftpd-inetd psa-proftpd
dpkg: dependency problems prevent removal of psa-proftpd:
plesk-core depends on psa-proftpd (>= 1.3.3).
dpkg: error processing psa-proftpd (--remove):
dependency problems - not removing
Errors were encountered while processing:
psa-proftpd

Last edited:
The uservoice say: "search Replacing psa-proftpd by proftpd-basic" i do them and find an page for solution to ubuntu 8.04 and 9 but not for 12,04. at 12.04 that will not work.

The uservoice say: "search Replacing psa-proftpd by proftpd-basic" i do them and find an page for solution to ubuntu 8.04 and 9 but not for 12,04. at 12.04 that will not work.
It is custom solution, you should ask the author.

Back