• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

proftpd-mod-mysql with Plesk 12

O._Schuster

New Pleskian
Hello,

I have an Server with Ubuntu 12.04 and Plesk 12.08 installed. I need an mod-mysql support on Proftpd for a separate ftp account control outside of Plesk.

When i try to install the packages proftpd-basic and proftpd-mod-mysql then that will abort because the psa-proftpd is present.

Can you give me any solution to have mysql support on the proftpd Server? Or how can I install a second proftpd server on a Server with Plesk 12.08 installed?

Thank You in advance

# proftpd -l
Compiled-in modules:
mod_core.c
mod_xfer.c
mod_rlimit.c
mod_auth_unix.c
mod_auth_file.c
mod_auth.c
mod_ls.c
mod_log.c
mod_site.c
mod_delay.c
mod_facts.c
mod_ident.c
mod_auth_pam.c
mod_ratio.c
mod_readme.c
mod_quotatab.c
mod_quotatab_file.c
mod_tls.c
mod_cap.c
mod_lang.c

As you can see proftpd which is used in Plesk does not contain compiled mod_mysql module.
So, I'm not sure that you can use it here.

Sorry but that will not work on Ubuntu 12.04. The page you show me is for Ubuntu 8.04. I need a solution for ubuntu 12.04 and plesk 12.04

That'ts the Result:

dpkg -r --ignore-depends=psa-proftpd-inetd psa-proftpd
dpkg: dependency problems prevent removal of psa-proftpd:
plesk-core depends on psa-proftpd (>= 1.3.3).
dpkg: error processing psa-proftpd (--remove):
dependency problems - not removing
Errors were encountered while processing:
psa-proftpd

Last edited:
The uservoice say: "search Replacing psa-proftpd by proftpd-basic" i do them and find an page for solution to ubuntu 8.04 and 9 but not for 12,04. at 12.04 that will not work.

The uservoice say: "search Replacing psa-proftpd by proftpd-basic" i do them and find an page for solution to ubuntu 8.04 and 9 but not for 12,04. at 12.04 that will not work.
It is custom solution, you should ask the author.

Back