• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

proftpd problem

D

dougthonus

My ftp server seems to have stopped working. I'm not sure if this is a result of having just upgraded to 7.5.2 or a result of possibly upgrading my version of proftp (I'm not sure that I did or not, but I ran yum upgrade vs the fedora standard channels, so if there was a newer version, I'm guessing I got it).

Anyway, it looks like proftpd 1.2.10 is what's currently installed.

The error I get is:
- getaddrinfo 'www.myfantasybeat.com' error: Name or service not known
- warning: unable to determine IP address of 'www.myfantasybeat.com'
- error: no valid servers configured
- Fatal: error processing configuration file '/etc/proftpd.conf'

For some reason, when I try to ping my own site, it can't find it. I'm not sure why that is or how to fix it. Also, I'm not sure why it's looking for www.myfantasybeat.com vs myfantasybeat.com or how to alter that either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Doug

It sounds like your host is having a problem resolving the host name. I sounds like a DNS issure rather than a proftpd issue.

I'm able to resolve www.myfantasybeat.com and myfantasybeat.com. They both point to 66.235.409.40.

Make sure your host can resolve those and then have a look at /etc/proftpd.conf and /etc/proftpd.include.

Back