• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Proxmox Container Error

Phthisicus

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.44 Update #3
Hi Everyone,

I installed plesk on a Proxmox 7.2.4 container. When i go to the process list i get the following error on the disk:
An error has occurred while receiving disk operations usage. Stdout: Stderr: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/sbin/iotop", line 17, in main() File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/iotop/ui.py", line 737, in main main_loop() File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/iotop/ui.py", line 727, in main_loop = lambda: run_iotop(options) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/iotop/ui.py", line 618, in run_iotop return run_iotop_window(None, options) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/iotop/ui.py", line 609, in run_iotop_window taskstats_connection = TaskStatsNetlink(options) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/iotop/data.py", line 151, in __init__ self.family_id = controller.get_family_id('TASKSTATS') File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/iotop/genetlink.py", line 76, in get_family_id m = GeNlMessage.recv(self.conn) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/iotop/genetlink.py", line 56, in recv msg = conn.recv() File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/iotop/netlink.py", line 255, in recv raise err OSError: Netlink error: No such file or directory (2) Exit code: 1
I know that a container is nor actually a disk but is there a way to solve this error?

Plesk's correct operation depends on the iotop utility.
The iotop utility inside the container with Plesk produces an error, i.e. not operational.

I found some information on an external resource here - Proxmox5 Debian9 and iotop in container error describing a similar issue with iotop, suggesting to run the following command from the host OS on an affected container:
Code:
 ./iotop.py -g /lxc/[CONTAINER-ID]/
and for a specific container (sample container id 1234):
Code:
./iotop.py -g /lxc/1234/ns
Can you give it a try and let me know if it fixes the issue?

If it does not work, please check with the Proxmox community for assistance with getting iotop functioning.

Hi Igor,

Thnx for the reply. I installed the iotop version you mentioned above but no results, i think it has somethin to do that i use zfs, and the article regarding a older version of proxmox. I searched the web some more on the iotop error and foud that a lot of people have this error, but there is no standard solution. For now i think i will create a vm instead of a container. Thnx for the help so far :)

Back