• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Proxy question

slayer1ss

Basic Pleskian
Hi, i got about 20 domains on my main server which has Centos 7 and Plesk Obsidian installed. All domains are using nginx as reverse proxy to apache. I am trying to put another server infront of the main server to hide main server ip address, get some more protection from attacks etc. What i want is something like cloudflare's proxy system but i dont want to rely on them so i want to have my own server...

What would be the proper way of doing this? Is there some sort of native plesk integration between servers to do this? I am a little confused and dont know where to start... Some guidance, an article or even how-to's would be perfect...

What i want is something like cloudflare's proxy system
Are you sure about this?

Here you go:

i dont want to rely on them

Why not? from a technical standpoint, there is no lock-in, you can pull everything off in a matter of minutes.

Is there some sort of native Plesk integration between servers to do this?
nope, you can relay on CloudFlare.

I am a little confused and dont know where to start... Some guidance, an article or even how-to's would be perfect
If you are really serious about this..

Are you sure about this?

Here you go:

Why not? from a technical standpoint, there is no lock-in, you can pull everything off in a matter of minutes.

nope, you can relay on CloudFlare.

If you are really serious about this..

Thx for the reply, i am sure about this :) I need something infront of my server and it has to be under my control for both attacks and privacy purposes...

I never thought about haproxy, i will check it out... I thought handling it with nginx would be easier and was gonna start trying it out today...

Back