• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question Proxy question

slayer1ss

Basic Pleskian
Hi, i got about 20 domains on my main server which has Centos 7 and Plesk Obsidian installed. All domains are using nginx as reverse proxy to apache. I am trying to put another server infront of the main server to hide main server ip address, get some more protection from attacks etc. What i want is something like cloudflare's proxy system but i dont want to rely on them so i want to have my own server...

What would be the proper way of doing this? Is there some sort of native plesk integration between servers to do this? I am a little confused and dont know where to start... Some guidance, an article or even how-to's would be perfect...

What i want is something like cloudflare's proxy system
Are you sure about this?

Here you go:

i dont want to rely on them

Why not? from a technical standpoint, there is no lock-in, you can pull everything off in a matter of minutes.

Is there some sort of native Plesk integration between servers to do this?
nope, you can relay on CloudFlare.

I am a little confused and dont know where to start... Some guidance, an article or even how-to's would be perfect
If you are really serious about this..

Are you sure about this?

Here you go:

Why not? from a technical standpoint, there is no lock-in, you can pull everything off in a matter of minutes.

nope, you can relay on CloudFlare.

If you are really serious about this..

Thx for the reply, i am sure about this :) I need something infront of my server and it has to be under my control for both attacks and privacy purposes...

I never thought about haproxy, i will check it out... I thought handling it with nginx would be easier and was gonna start trying it out today...

Back