• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

psa DB Access ?

RodStr

Basic Pleskian
Have read the article that says to use:
mysql -u admin -p password -P8306

I get an "unknown database 'psa' " error.

Yet I can access the tables just fine using the dbclient tool.

eliminating the "psa" from the command line then returns:
ERROR 1035 (28000): Aceess denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Now if I eliminate the -P8306 it logs in fine, but I see no 'psa' database in the database list.

Also, I'm finding I am NOT able to use my Plesk Administrator password, instead I tracked down
the password listed in one of the mysql dumps. That passwords gets me into mySQL but I
don't see the 'psa' DB anywhere. (databaseservers table, and it says port 3306)... am thinking
this may be the communication password for the "client" databases.

Still can't figure out why my panel password won't work to access the mysql psa database though.

Yes, I am in the proper db area
Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\MySQL\bin

Ideas ?

Rod

Last edited:
Was able to circumvent the issue (not resolved, but got around it) by creating a new full access user through the dbclient.exe tool.

dbclient.exe --direct-sql --sql="grant all privileges on *.* to 'username'@'localhost' identified by 'password' with grant option"

I can now see/modify the tables as necessary.

Not the ideal solution, but it should work.

Thanks.

Rod

Have you ever changed your panel password after the initial installation? I believe that access to the psa database is not changed after the initial install without manual intervention.

That's a possibility. We had a consultant do the initial database configuration and
Plesk install/setup as we are migrating from an OLD IIS5 server running no Control Panel.

Not sure if he changed passwords since the initial install or not.
Will check.

Thanks for the idea!

Rod

Back