• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

psa-pc-remote verbose output feature

nocrash

Basic Pleskian
Is it possible to add a verbose output option for this service?
or where could i find more information about the process..

the reason..

the milter gives a "550 5.7.1 Command rejected." , after the postfix recieved the DATA and receipted with QUIT.

i found a hint in this forum and run
$ /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk --with-spam

while this process runs, postix gives out a ": Mail quota exceeded" ,which was wrong.
after successfull sync with mchk everything seems OK

I wish i would ve a more detailed log what the service did :)

md5sum /usr/lib64/plesk-9.0/psa-pc-remote
5a8278c1468c1aeebc3ece0b23921601 /usr/lib64/plesk-9.0/psa-pc-remote
ls -lisa /usr/lib64/plesk-9.0/psa-pc-remote
10100146 152 -r-xr-s--- 1 postfix popuser 155193 Mar 31 00:46 /usr/lib64/plesk-9.0/psa-pc-remote

# cat /root/.autoinstaller/microupdates.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<patches>
<product id="plesk" version="10.4.4" installed-at="20120120T173831">
<patch version="26" timestamp="" installed-at="20120416T004523" />
</product>
</patches>

At the moment milter can't provide such output. But there are should be messages from check-quota in maillog.
Feature which allows to see error message directly in SMTP session will be implemented to nearest microupdate. It was implemented for quotes at least.

What does psa-pc-remote do?

At the moment milter can't provide such output. But there are should be messages from check-quota in maillog.
Feature which allows to see error message directly in SMTP session will be implemented to nearest microupdate. It was implemented for quotes at least.

Igor, can you tell us what psa-pc-remote does? I had a situation in which it was failing. I removed it from mail.cf and mail started flowing. I'd like to know what functionality is provided by psa-pc-remote and what I am missing if I don't run it.

Thanks,

Ed

I removed it from mail.cf and mail started flowing. I'd like to know what functionality is provided by psa-pc-remote and what I am missing if I don't run it.

You have just disabled mail handlers for before-queue and before-remote queues. It leads to disabling GL, drweb, kav, dk_sign, dk_check, quota-check at least.

Thank you Igor.

A sample log entry of the failure was:
Oct 1 15:34:12 xxx /usr/lib/plesk-9.0/psa-pc-remote[26538]: Message aborted
Oct 1 15:34:12 xxx postfix/cleanup[27889]: F23E6638BFE: milter-reject: END-
OF-MESSAGE from exprod7mx182.postini.com[64.18.2.140]: 4.5.1 Mailbox full; fr
om=<bounce-6609846_HTML-1586465880-34625876-10012725-0@bounce.XcelEnergy-Emai
lNews.com> to=<[email protected]> proto=SMTP helo=<psmtp.com>

Note the incorrect "mailbox full."

This is Plesk 10.4.4 on Ubuntu 8.04. It's a recent upgrade from Plesk 9.5.4.

The recipient, [email protected], is actually set up to forward. There is no mailbox.

Do you have any idea what might be wrong?

It's been over 3 years now, has this ever been implemented? It would be incredibly useful to be able to have something more descriptive than "Message aborted" when trying to debug Plesk-caused email problems.

Back