• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

PSA PC Remote ?

mike2010

Basic Pleskian
I've been noticing unusually higher than normal CPU....while not getting any additional hits to my sites... So I checked out 'top' ...and the only thing that seems to be sticking out is "PSA PC REMOTE" process is popping up frequently. I've never even seen it in 'top' before, and I don't use any type of 'pc remote' stuff.

what is this process all about ? can't find a definition of it anywhere...and is there any easy way to disable it ?

Currently running Plesk 10.4.4

The only 2 processes taking up decent CPU are :

HTTPD and
PSA PC Remote.

also, if there isn't anyway to disable PSA PC Remote....any additional tips on diagnosing what is causing the higher than normal CPU would be appreciated. I don't really have any type of server monitoring on except what's in PLesk. (Watchdog)

thx much

does anybody ever respond anywhere anymore? geez.

it's like friggin facebook takes over....and nobody posts anywhere anymore.

this goes for ALL forums... what's happened to online social engagement over the years.

35 creeper views...yet no replies.

I never heard of stracing, so no.

alright, I had a HDD issue... which was causing the above normal CPU.

But this 'PSA PC Remote' command still seems like it's an active process. ( only using 0.1 memory and 0.1 cpu now)

Is it normal for it to be running in plesk by default though ?

Back