• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

PSA-phpMyAdmin-2.6.1-pl1 released

W

Whistler

PSA-phpMyAdmin-2.6.1-pl3 released

The development team on the phpMyAdmin project has released a security fix for phpMyAdmin 2.6.1 version.

I've just created a version that updates the Plesk version. You can upgrade from any version of phpMyAdmin (PMA) using my distribution.

But... I've not been able to test on any other distributions of Plesk than the FreeBSD 7.1.6 and 7.5.2 versions, so if somethings different in other Unix/Linux versions, please let me know.

This fix - is to upgrade the PMA used in the Plesk Control Panel. So the configuration has been changed to setup the correct permissions provided by the Plesk interface - and also fixes the stylesheet problems raised by the earlier added support for themes in PMA.

But please make your comments - I'll try to help as much as possible :)

The patched version can be found at: http://www.gld.dk/psa/ - please read the installation notes - and please remember the patch is released "as-it-is" - I'm not responsible for breaking anything on your hosting setup / Plesk setup.

Have a nice day -- from an old phpMyAdmin developer :)

;o) I created the first danish translations and besides did a couple of fixes (in the new PMA crew) was a old betatester back when Tobias developed the first versions :)

Oh yeah, and then I was the moderator of the PMA support forum back then... in 1999 ;o)

So I've been using PMA in production environments since early 1999 or so .-)

Funny to se people in other projects :)

Update succesful. FC1/PSA 7.5.2/VPS. There should not be any problems on any OS.

Whistler, personally thanks for update. We're secure now! :cool:

GARMTECH: Great! Thx for sharing! - sorry to tell you that you already has to do another update...

To all:

The phpMyAdmin Development Team just released phpMyAdmin 2.6.1-pl2 due to some stability problems encountered in the first release earlier this morning.

I've just upgraded the PSA-phpMyAdmin to include the fixes for PMA 2.6.1-pl2. If you have already grapped a copy of our PSA-phpMyAdmin patch - please visit http://www.gld.dk/psa/ again to grap the new release.

(Just a note: it's not anywhere in our patch the problems is encountered - but in the official release of phpMyAdmin - please visit http://www.phpmyadmin.net/ for further notes).

I just get from phpMyAdmin CVS the new files and the new ones I think are
P ChangeLog
P libraries/grab_globals.lib.php
P libraries/mysql_charsets.lib.php
P libraries/select_lang.lib.php
P libraries/auth/cookie.auth.lib.php

I'm not 100% sure, but pretty close.

I think I saw a change in another lib file, but right now I'm not sure... But yes, that should about do it :)

Upgraded with no problems p1>p2. Btw index.php is in archive (no need to create symlink), so change archive or docs. Thanks again. :p

// 04.03.05 - 13.00 // phpMyAdmin 2.6.1-pl3 released // :

PSA-phpMyAdmin 2.6.1-pl3 released. More fixes to the current phpMyAdmin 2.6.1 tree has been released. Today the phpMyAdmin Team released another Patch Level fixing some minor issues.

As always - fetch it at: http://www.gld.dk/psa/

;o)

Whistler, Thank You !!

I have upgraded phpMyAdmin to version 2.6.1-pl3 on Plesk for Linux version 7.1.6 running on RedHat 9 and on Plesk for Linux version 7.1.7 running on RHEL3. I had zero problems.

You're a star! :D

Two questions:
1. Do you have any plans to release phpMyAdmin updates in the long run? It would be fantastic.
2. If not could you possibly put out a howto for people who would like to do this themself?

Originally posted by carlswart
Two questions:
1. Do you have any plans to release phpMyAdmin updates in the long run? It would be fantastic.
2. If not could you possibly put out a howto for people who would like to do this themself?

I'm glad to help :)

1) Yes, as long as I do hosting using Plesk I have a need to update phpMyAdmin - I use it for development every day and as - (as told earlier) old developer, it comes naturally to do the custom build version to support Plesk.

However I can't promise to release any patched versions as fast as I have done these last 3 times - but I'll try to keep up, if the Development Team don't release one or two new versions once or twice a week :eek:)

But I'm actually more worried about the fact that Sw-Soft diden't upgrade phpMyAdmin in the Plesk 7.1.7 upgrade - but still uses an old 2.5.3 version.

Yearh, I know - and I'll try to make a new relase for PSA-phpMyAdmin this week. :)

Sorry for my lack of absence - but I've been busy doing some other projects. And thank god for that :) As I saw the phpMyAdmin Team already released a patchlevel to the 2.6.2 release.

But I'll put the new PSA-phpMyAdmin package together this weekend. So please be patience for a couple of days more. :)

:)

OK, I am upgrading tomorrow, great Thx! I did not read this in the release notes :)

Back