• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Phpmyadmin auto login not working for databases migrated from Cpanel.

linuxman1

Basic Pleskian
Dear Plesk team,
I migrated a Cpanel server to Obsedian and had a strange issue, auto login Phpmyadmin is not working for clients and PMA is asking users to enter the database password for every database when trying to use PMA!
But for new databases created within Plesk auto login is working fine!
I searched and didn't find a fix, please advise as I can't reset passwords from plesk to more than 200 migrated databases!
I tried to reinstall PMA without success.
tried also some options and didn't work, like changing,
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type'] = 'config';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type'] = 'cookie';
And
# rpm -e --nodeps psa-phpmyadmin
# plesk installer --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --upgrade-installed-components
# plesk repair installation

The same behavior can be seen when migrating from Confixx to Plesk.
I have no solution for this.

During the next Plesk upgrade you will get messages that there are encrypted passwords.
"There are accounts with passwords encrypted using a deprecated algorithm"
The upgrade works anyway. The only question is how long.

Hi moswak
I had many issue when I migrated a server which was Cpanel to Plesk, and when I asked here and opened some posts nobody from plesk team helped!
I don't recommend to anybody to migrate from other control panels if he has many domains! you will have a punch of issues were not documented by Plesk team in migrations guides which I read before I migrate!.
For example, you will have to reset all passwords for ssh and FTP to work again on the new Plesk server.
SSL certs were not migrated and I had many issues after switching DNS to reissue it using let's encrypt extension and afterwards OH! my Outlook users all complained because Plesk issued SNI certs as the domain name directly like example.com and not like mail.example.com as even Plesk DNS is settings as MX records, that was pain, I had to reconfigure Outllok for users and remove the work mail and leave only the domain so SSL works fine!
And I opened some posts here so Plesk team may take care and fix those issues for their clients or even recommend a fix! noway anybody may help for weeks so I had to depend on my self and fix my issues.

Back