• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

psa-proftpd & proftpd reporting different version numbers

MikeyT

New Pleskian
Hi,

I've had a PCI compliance check on a Plesk 10.4.4 server and it's reporting that I have a ProFTPd version of 1.3.3e - this is the same version reported as when I run a 'proftpd -V' command.

However, the psa-proftpd version installed is 1.3.4a-1 according to 'yum list psa-proftpd'.

My understanding was that these two should report the same version number - does anyone know how to sort out this issue. I've tried a yum install proftpd but it reports a conflict with the psa-proftpd.

Thanks,

Mike

if yum upgrade doesnt do it try re-installing the psa-proftpd

yum reinstall psa-proftpd

Then make sure that the version that comes up in yum is the version you are looking for.

Thanks for the info, having added the atomic repository I was able to reinstall psa-proftpd. (Otherwise it can't find the package).

After install, proftpd is now reporting the correct version number.

If you use the atomic repo you will need to re-install psa-proftpd every time you install a Plesk MicroUpdate in order to retain the atomic version of the package.

Unfortunately installation of almost all recent MUs result in the re-installation of the base Plesk psa-proftpd package (and also do some things with qmail, requiring qmail-scanner, if you have installed it from the atomic repo, to need to be reinstalled too).

But if you don't need/want the atomic psa-proftpd version then there won't be a real problem.

Back