1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

PSA Proftpd Upload Slowness

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by seanstephens, Dec 14, 2005.

1. seanstephens

seanstephens Guest

Hi All.

I'm experiencing a little bit of an odd problem and hoping somebody can share some expertise on the subject.

I have a number of different psa servers all running 7.5.3/5.4 and they are all experiecing the same problem. I can download from the server at my full rate (100MB/sec). But when I try to upload from my machine to the server I can only get between 50-100K. I am NOT expereicning and login slowness or anything its only when I try to upload files to the server.

I also have a separate copy of proftpd installed on a non-plesk server and I can upload and download at my full rate.

Anybody got any ideas how to increase the upload speed of the plesk servers?

Thanks for your time.

2. seanstephens

seanstephens Guest

3. servertune

servertune Guest

Make sure your Plesk based server has the same eithernet card and netwrok connection, 100 Mbps and NOT 10 Mbps, as other ones.

4. ShadowMan@

ShadowMan@ Guest

You can also reconfigure ProFTPd on the Plesk server to run as a Standalone, instead of running under inetd/xinetd. This has helped some others in the past.