• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

PSA Server Can't Start After Upgrade to 11.0.9

Ernie@

Basic Pleskian
Having upgraded to the latest version 11.0.9 from 11. The PSA server can't start and there's an HTTP 500 Internal Server Error when accessing the panel.

/var/log/sw-cp-server/error_log shows
-----------------------
2012-09-13 02:28:42: (mod_fastcgi.c.2746) FastCGI-stderr: PleskFatalException: Unable to obtain secret key for passwords encryption.
file: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Plesk/Base/Utils/String.php
line: 330
code: 0
trace: #0 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3(3453): Plesk_Base_Utils_String::getCryptKey()
#1 /usr/local/psa/admin/auto_prepend/auth.php3(191): get_failure_redirect_url('failure_redirec...')
#2 {main}
--------------------------

Tried bootstrapper.sh repair, it says,
------------------------
Passwords for some MySQL users were not upgraded.
All MySQL DB users that may be used by Panel MUST have passwords in new 41-character format in order for Panel to function properly.
Currently following users have passwords in old format: billing@localhost, aspcomplete@%, aspcomplete@localhost, aspcsk@%, aspcsk@localhost, aspcss@%, aspcss@localhost, aspsession@%, aspsession@localhost.
Please ensure that MySQL server is not forced to use old password hashing algorithm and upgrade password format manually for users from the list above. Consult with MySQL server manual on detailed steps.
You may skip certain users if you are sure they weren't created and aren't used by Panel.
----------------------------

What should I do to fix the problem?

Regards,

bootstrapper repair, suggested to update the password format for the following accounts

Tried bootstrapper.sh repair, it says,
------------------------
***** problem report *****
Passwords for some MySQL users were not upgraded.
All MySQL DB users that may be used by Panel MUST have passwords in new 41-character format in order for Panel to function properly.
Currently following users have passwords in old format: billing@localhost, aspcomplete@%, aspcomplete@localhost, aspcsk@%, aspcsk@localhost, aspcss@%, aspcss@localhost, aspsession@%, aspsession@localhost.
Please ensure that MySQL server is not forced to use old password hashing algorithm and upgrade password format manually for users from the list above. Consult with MySQL server manual on detailed steps.
You may skip certain users if you are sure they weren't created and aren't used by Panel.
ERROR while trying to find MySQL ODBC driver
----------------------------

Any idea?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Since there's a need to update the password for the following accounts,

billing@localhost, aspcomplete@%, aspcomplete@localhost, aspcsk@%, aspcsk@localhost, aspcss@%, aspcss@localhost, aspsession@%, aspsession@localhost.

How can I get the password for those accounts?

Thanks

I've been hit by this "Unable to obtain secret key for passwords encryption" stuff-up this morning when upgrading one server from 10.4.4 to 11.0.9. The installer crashed halfway through leaving us with an unusable, almost upgraded plesk 11 instance. I've regenerated the key running "dd if=/dev/urandom of=secret_key bs=16 count=1" but still no joy. Then I've managed to fix this properly running:
yum --nogpgcheck reinstall plesk-core-11.0.9-cos5.build110120608.16.x86_64.rpm (why don't you sign your packages, Parallels?)
After logging into the Panel Plesk complained about the license being invalid, which I fixed clicking on "Retrieve keys".

Back