1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

psadump doesnot dump the mysql database

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by ajayks2u, Jul 25, 2007.

1. ajayks2u

ajayks2u Guest

Hi,

Today i tried to dump my Plesk Server 7.5.4 running on RHEL 2.1 using psadump, everything run fine until trying to dump the database. While dumping the database using mysqldump it gave the following error
    mysqldump: Got error: 1045: Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES) when trying to connect
    An error was occured during execution: "/usr/bin/mysqldump -uadmin -p******************* --quote-names '<databasename>'"

Could anyone please suggest what is going wrong, since initially during the psadump is connects successfully to the MYSQL Server and while dumping the database suddenly we get the error.

Thanks in advance

AKS

2. inc595

inc595 Guest

Did you change your database admin password?. The error suggest that it can't login to dump the dbs. You should be able to log into the db with your plesk admin password.

Code:
    mysql -u admin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` psa

3. ajayks2u

ajayks2u Guest

Thanks for the reply.

The actual problem was the mysql client version. We had upgraded our server to 4.0 but the client version was still 3.23 so there was some compatibility issue. Once we installed the client version to 4.0 the dump was successful.

AKS:)