1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

psadump not working without postgres?

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by fuzzball, Jun 29, 2005.

1. fuzzball

fuzzball Guest

I have a standard plesk license with no postgres support. When I try to run psadump it stops because it says postgres is not configured. Can anyone tell me how to get around this so I can back up my server?

Here's exactly what the script says from start to finish:

[root@srv1 bin]# ./psadump -f /home/root/systembackup/ -z --nostop --nostop-domain

===============================================================================

Attempt to connect to MySQL server ... done

Checking packages installation ... done
    Postgres is not configured (unable to define pg admin login and password).
    Requested method is not supported or the file '/home/root/systembackup/' corrupted

2. fuzzball

fuzzball Guest

Any ideas at all here? Backup is a very basic function, this should work.

Or can anyone tell me the most complete way to back everything up manually if I can't use the psadump script?

3. sieb@

sieb@ Guest

This the command I use without problem:

./psadump -F -f /home/backup/$(date +%F) -z

If it doesn't find PostGRES it will just skip it.

AFAIK, the ROOT homedir is not in /home but /, make sure your path is to its destination is correct.