• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

psadump/psarestore something missied by Sw-Soft ?

B

bttman

hello there !

well I'm using psadump and psarestore simultaneous, dumping from a remote server and restoring in a local server.

I'm ssh to the remote server and have a crontab job to do this auto with no human contact ;)

Now it works perfect, no problems there, but something missied maby by sw-soft !!

I have 2 email account in the remote server, they are restored ok in the local server, now when I delete one email account on the remote server and do the psadump/psarestore the 2 email accounts are still in the local server, is this normal ?

I mean the dump file has only 1 email account, so the restore has to be ok. Now it seems in my opinion that sw-soft is not checking for the unused email accounts and not deleting them.

the same is for mysql databases and do on, have not check files in httpdocs yet.

Can someone just tell me this is ok or it is a missed by the sw-soft ?

thanks in advance

The psarestore utility does not wipe the contents of your server before restoring. It is not a sync program. It is simply adding to your already existing server's contents.

Back