• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

psarestore -> missing data for some domains, some work??

R

reiberjoe

hi,
i've been trying to restore my dump for almost the whole day now. i've looked through the manual, this forum and google but i ain't to much smarter than i was before tbh :(

so i made this backup yesterday and moved it to another machine. the files where a little over 10GB all together and i splitted them in 300 meg files.

i got the server reimaged and moved them back. then i started the restore-process using this command:
zcat psadump* | /usr/local/psa/bin/psarestore -f - -t -V dump -s shellmap_file -m ipmap_file --restore-server --restore-admin

plesk itsellf is running fine- the clients are visible in the acp and stuff. only thing that ticks me off is:

for some clients the files in /httpdocs are missing. this is only for some clients / domains! others are there. same goes for the databases and mails.

the os is suse 9.1 and i tried looking for mimerip already but it's not on the system and yast doesn't have it either, cause my guess would be that the restore didn't use all the backup files but only some..? i didn't see anything in the output. where are the logfiles located, i would look through them too.

i'd really apreciate ANY help!
thanx guys and .. phew, i guess i'm a buy some 4PSA sw next time :|

I have this exact same issue. My server fully crashed with a hardware failure. I rebuilt the box and and restored with psarestore. Out of 65 domains on the box 20 of them restored without any of their files. The accounts are there but all the data files in the httpdocs, httpsdocs, etc folders are missing. Also, the databases are listed but empty without any tables.

Another odd thing is in Plesk the disk usage is showing used space as if the files are there, but of course nothing is in the web directories.

Has anyone else come across this, or hopefully even found a fix???

Thanks!

same here. All databases are empty and no files are there, even though the structure is created.

Well, i haven't been able to find a solution. I was lucky to have most of the files on my local hdd and a database-dump.
So i could restore most of the content by hand.
To this day i haven't been able to figure out why that happened (and what happened). I can't even open the backup archives because no program will do so (i'm under windows) - that whole thing is really crappy, when i learned one thing than it is that you better do everything by hand than trust a so called "backup mechanism" ...

Hi,

We're having the same issue with psadump/psarestore missing stuff after the restore on the new server.

Did anyone ever find a fix for this?

Thanks.

Originally posted by thewolf
Hi,

We're having the same issue with psadump/psarestore missing stuff after the restore on the new server.

Did anyone ever find a fix for this?

Thanks.
well, as i said over a year ago - no, i didn't. sorry m8.

Back