• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question Push (ActiveSync) - Anyone interested?

I intend to. Doesn't really seem to be much interest so no need to rush it but I intend to document a lot of modifications I've made.

Hi, I'm interested. On my old vserver z-push with zarafa works fine but on my new server with Plesk 17.5.3 z-push 2.3.9 an imap won't work and i don' find the problem. Always I get the Error "AuthenticationRequiredException" .

Sounds like a similar issue I had at one point. Can you check the z push log and see if the username is being passed?

Hi,

User only passed when I use my Tablet (Andorid 5.1.1), when I try my Smartphone (Android 7.1.1) User is unknown.

from z-push.log

10/03/2018 10:51:38 [29134] [ INFO] [unknown] AuthenticationRequiredException: Access denied. Please send authorisation information - code: 0 - file: /usr/share/z-push/index.php:56
10/03/2018 10:51:38 [29134] [ INFO] [unknown] User-agent: 'unknown'
10/03/2018 10:51:38 [29134] [FATAL] [unknown] Exception: (AuthenticationRequiredException) - Access denied. Please send authorisation information
10/03/2018 10:51:38 [29134] [ INFO] [unknown] cmd='' memory='2.42 MiB/4.00 MiB' time='0.02s' devType='' devId='' getUser='unknown' from='134.xxx.xxx.xxx' idle='0s' version='2.3.9' method='OPTIONS' httpcode='401'
10/03/2018 10:52:39 [29135] [ INFO] [[email protected]] AuthenticationRequiredException: Access denied. Please send authorisation information - code: 0 - file: /usr/share/z-push/index.php:56
10/03/2018 10:52:39 [29135] [ INFO] [[email protected]] User-agent: 'unknown'
10/03/2018 10:52:39 [29135] [FATAL] [[email protected]] Exception: (AuthenticationRequiredException) - Access denied. Please send authorisation information
10/03/2018 10:52:39 [29135] [ INFO] [[email protected]] cmd='OPTIONS' memory='2.42 MiB/4.00 MiB' time='0.02s' devType='SAMSUNGSMP' devId='sec147418e8b1598' getUser='[email protected]' from='134.xxx.xxx.xxx' idle='0s' version='2.3.9' method='OPTIONS' httpcode='401'

10/03/2018 10:57:00 [29142] [ INFO] [unknown] AuthenticationRequiredException: Access denied. Please send authorisation information - code: 0 - file: /usr/share/z-push/index.php:56
10/03/2018 10:57:00 [29142] [ INFO] [unknown] User-agent: 'unknown'
10/03/2018 10:57:00 [29142] [FATAL] [unknown] Exception: (AuthenticationRequiredException) - Access denied. Please send authorisation information
10/03/2018 10:57:00 [29142] [ INFO] [unknown] cmd='' memory='2.42 MiB/4.00 MiB' time='0.02s' devType='' devId='' getUser='unknown' from='134.xxx.xxx.xxx' idle='0s' version='2.3.9' method='OPTIONS' httpcode='401'

Ok, I think it's Problem with the Redirect from /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync to /usr/share/z-push/index.php
I must configure Custom Handler php-script .php for the subdomain or the Server does not process the php file
and the Browser will download it as Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync file.

Additonal Apache Config for the Subdomain:
short_open_tag = on

These entries are not supported:
php_flag magic_quotes_gpc = off
php_flag register_globals = off
php_flag magic_quotes_runtime = off

Syntax error on line 3 of /var/www/vhosts/system/sub.domain.de/conf/vhost_ssl.conf: Invalid command 'php_flag', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration

OK, I moved those into a PHP.ini file and then included it. Take a look at the syntax for one of the webmail files. It will get you in the right direction.

Hello,

I am having problems every time I enter the page I am downloading the file that I have to modify at the server level?

Check /etc/httpd/conf.d/z-push.conf -

Code:
# Z-Push - ActiveSync over-the-air - default Apache configuration
<IfModule mod_alias.c>
    Alias /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync /usr/share/z-push/index.php
</IfModule>

<Directory /usr/share/z-push>
    # Don't list a directory index, follow symlinks (maybe state dir is somewhere linked)
    DirectoryIndex index.php
    Options -Indexes +FollowSymLinks

# Security
    # Don't allow .htaccess Overrides, disallow access to files
    AllowOverride none
    <IfModule !mod_authz_core.c>
        Order allow,deny
        allow from all
    </IfModule>
    <IfModule mod_authz_core.c>
        Require all granted
    </IfModule>

<Files "config.php">
        Deny from All
      </IfModule>
        Require all denied
      </IfModule>
    </Files>
</Directory>

Same here. Ubuntu 18.04, Plesk 17.8.11. Are you all running PHP7? Obviuosly "php_flag" and "php_value" are no longer supported by PHP7.
Unfortounately I don't know how to fix that. At my installation the index.php is downloaded as "Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync" as well.

Boas

That was CentOS and PHP 5 something, unsure what the specific version was. What does your z-push.conf look like?

This was my original version:
PHP:
<IfModule mod_alias.c>
</IfModule>

# Don't list a directory index, follow symlinks (maybe state dir is somewhere linked)
    DirectoryIndex index.php

# Z-push requirements
#    php_value magic_quotes_gpc off
#    php_value magic_quotes_runtime off
#    php_value register_globals off
#    php_value short_open_tag on

# Optional
    # php_value display_errors off

# Setting memory limit higher (larger attachments)
#    php_value memory_limit 128M

# Security
    AllowOverride none
        Order allow,deny
        allow from all
    </IfModule>
        Require all granted
    </IfModule>

<Files "config.php">
        Deny from All
      </IfModule>
        Require all denied
      </IfModule>
    </Files>
</Directory>

and then I took a copy of the one above:
PHP:
<IfModule mod_alias.c>
</IfModule>

DirectoryIndex index.php

# Z-push requirements
#    php_value magic_quotes_gpc off
#    php_value magic_quotes_runtime off
#    php_value register_globals off
#    php_value short_open_tag on

# Optional
    # php_value display_errors off

# Setting memory limit higher (larger attachments)
#    php_value memory_limit 128M

# Security
    AllowOverride none
        Order allow,deny
        allow from all
    </IfModule>
        Require all granted
    </IfModule>

<Files "config.php">
        Deny from All
      </IfModule>
        Require all denied
      </IfModule>
    </Files>
</Directory>

Both same result.

Boas

How is PHP running? I believe it was FastCGI that once gave me an issue. also; nginx or just apache?

Just apache. I tried all versions Plesk offers:
  • FPM
  • CGI
  • FastCGI
  • mod_php (which plesk calls "outdated")
Thanks,
Boas

Hi all,
to check whether my issue is with Ubuntu 18.04 I installed 16.04 and did the same test. Since 16.04 (at least the flavour I got from my provider Strato) does not contain z-push, I installed it from the original repo (Kopano Download) and the funny thing is, all the "php_value" parameters are not included in /etc/apache2/conf-enabled/z-push.conf:
PHP:
<IfModule mod_alias.c>
</IfModule>

DirectoryIndex index.php

# Security
    AllowOverride none
        Order allow,deny
        allow from all
    </IfModule>
        Require all granted
    </IfModule>

<Files "config.php">
        Deny from All
      </IfModule>
        Require all denied
      </IfModule>
    </Files>
</Directory>

Unfortunately I have the same issue: https://DOMAIN/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync just downloads the index.php.

Best,
Boas

Back