• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Push Email, courier-imap how do I configure this?

T

tekmage

I'd like to offer push email to my iphone customers just like Yahoo does. Any idea how or what I need to do to add this kind of support to Plesk 8.1 on Fedora 5? I see that courier supports idle when I ask it what protocols it supports, however it doesn't push mail to iphones. Is there a server config switch somewhere I need to flip on?

Thanks!

iphone does not support push email. this is just another typical apple-marketing thing fooling users. iphone just gets yahoo mail over pop. as it does for gmail, too. yuk.

iPhone POP

Well, POP sucks.. How does it get the mail so quickly then? Gmail takes a while to arrive, is Yahoo! just checking once a minute or something? The lowest configurable is 15 minutes..which is not enough, but I understand the load such a thing would put on servers with a million iPhones out there all checking every minute.

I guess we'll have to wait for the 1.1 iPhone udpate.

Thanks!

-=Dave

Push Email

You all probably know this by now, but iPhone has supported push email from its inception:

from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Push_e-mail --
"The Apple Inc. iPhone supported Yahoo! push e-mail since the phone's initial release in 2007."

It works well with Yahoo push.

I would also like to know if either Courier or Dovecot will push to iPhone, and if so, how.

late reply

sorry for the laqte reply .. is plesk supporting push mail yet?

Back