• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Python 2.3 and Plesk 7.5.4?

A

acidbox

I'm trying to install trac 0.9 for subversion, and it has a million requirements, not very fun. The first requirement is Python 2.3. Plesk has mod_python 3.03, and running python from the command line shows Python 2.2.3.

So, my question is, what is the best way to upgrade Python to version 2.3+ without breaking anything? Should I use the Mod_python 3.1.4 installation files or the regular python installation files or is there something special I need to do in order to not break mod_python?

Running Plesk 7.5.4 RHEL3

Thanks for any help.

Ok, so nobody knows.

Is there at least anywhere on the plesk site that says what the latest version of python / mod_python that Plesk 7.5.4 supports?

The version of Python is not dependant on Plesk but on the OS you're running. The official RHEL3 channels apparently have 2.2.3, but maybe some other channel has newer rpms for RHEL3. Or you could install from source yourself.

BTW, I prefer fail2ban over denyhosts myself, but fail2ban also needs python 2.3 or higher.

I have Plesk 8.1 and I need to know where python is installed and how to access it:

Your web server must have Python 2.2 or later installed.
You must know the command that launches Python. (Generally, this is python, but may vary by installation. For instance, if the web server has two versions of Python installed, the earlier version may be invoked by the command python and the later version may be invoked by the command python2.)

Can anyone help and let me know the answers please?

Back