• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Python27 permission access

ShamirP

New Pleskian
Hi all

I'm fairly new to plesk and am just baffled on a problem which has been occurring in recent weeks.

Plesk come's with Python 2.4 installed, however a client had created a Django sites using python 2.7. So using the "Web Platform Installer" i had installed python 2.7.

As default this installed Python2.7 in the root of the C:

Once Python2.7 was installed and running, to get the website to run I had to make sure usergroup psacln would have access to the python.27 directory. Otherwise i would see a server error.

The permissions seem to reset weekly, which baffled me. The only conclusion i came to was that plesk was set to install updated automatically and when these updated get installed, permissions set to anything not in the plesk installation directory are revoked.

Has anyone else had this problem? if so, how did you over come this.

To resolve this problem you need to re-install your Python 2.7 to Plesk directory %plesk_dir%\Additional. This folder is allowed for psacln group and permissions are never changed.

Back