• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

QMail Configuration

Looks like this might be the place to ask the question I've got. I am installing OpenEMM on my Centos6 system running Plesk 11. It is presently configured with the default MTA, i.e. qmail. OpenEMM, however, requires sendmail. How can I configure the system to run both sendmail and qmail concurrently, with sendmail only used for OpenEMM?

Thanks for your assistance.

LionGate,

Qmail and Sendmail are already co-existing on your system, with sendmail (for example) being used to send root notifications.

Installing OpenEMM should suffice.

In that scenario, Plesk would be using Qmail and OpenEMM would be using sendmail.

That is all! (I presume)

Kind regards

LionGate,

Qmail and Sendmail are already co-existing on your system, with sendmail (for example) being used to send root notifications.

Installing OpenEMM should suffice.

In that scenario, Plesk would be using Qmail and OpenEMM would be using sendmail.

That is all! (I presume)

Kind regards

If only it were that simple. When I try to start OpenEMM I get the following:

$ bin/openemm.sh start
Start /home/openemm/bin/scripts/bav-update.py .. done.
Start /home/openemm/bin/scripts/bav-trigger.py .. done.
Start /home/openemm/bin/scripts/bavd.py .. done.
Start /home/openemm/bin/bav -L INFO .. done.
Start python /home/openemm/bin/scripts/recovery.py .. done.
Start /home/openemm/bin/scripts/update.py account bounce .. done.
Start /home/openemm/bin/scripts/pickdist.py .. done.
Stopping obsolete sendmail processes: done.
Starting sendmails: listener mail queues sendmail: illegal option -- q
sendmail: usage: sendmail [ -t ] [ -fsender ] [ -Fname ] [ -bp ] [ -bs ] [ arg ... ]
ADMIN sendmail: illegal option -- q
sendmail: usage: sendmail [ -t ] [ -fsender ] [ -Fname ] [ -bp ] [ -bs ] [ arg ... ]
sendmail: illegal option -- q
QUEUE sendmail: illegal option -- q
sendmail: illegal option -- q
MIDQUEUE sendmail: illegal option -- q
SLOWQUEUE sendmail: illegal option -- q
done.
Start /home/openemm/bin/scripts/slrtscn.py .. done.
Starting up Tomcat ......
Check Java installation :OK
Check Tomcat installation :OK
Using CATALINA_BASE: /home/openemm
Using CATALINA_HOME: /opt/openemm/tomcat
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /home/openemm/temp
Using JRE_HOME: /opt/openemm/java
Using CLASSPATH: /opt/openemm/tomcat/bin/bootstrap.jar

All this proved to be far too much trouble. I have decided OpenEMM is not the best option and have decided upon Phplist, which seems far more friendly.

LionGate,

Not a bad idea, since the earlier post only gives rise to the suspicion that the OpenEMM installation is not properly configured for sending mails: the -q[time] option seems to be erratic.

However, you should be able to do all mail actions with Qmail, so why bother to install TWO mailsystems? Surely, there should not be any need to install two instances on the same server.

Kind regards....

LionGate,

Not a bad idea, since the earlier post only gives rise to the suspicion that the OpenEMM installation is not properly configured for sending mails: the -q[time] option seems to be erratic.

However, you should be able to do all mail actions with Qmail, so why bother to install TWO mailsystems? Surely, there should not be any need to install two instances on the same server.

Kind regards....

After days of screwing around trying to get OpenEMM configured, I did the install with Phplist in a matter of minutes and have it working. OpenEMM is just way too much trouble.

Hi,
I am confused about the /var/qmail/control/locals and /var/qmail/control/me.

My qmail is not sending emails and this post http://kb.parallels.com/en/797 says "Make sure that the domain to which you sent mail is not listed in the "/var/qmail/control/locals" configuration file. The file must contain the entry, "localhost" only."

However, my "locals" and "me" files contain this:
localhost
localhost.localdomain
MyDomain.com

because MyDomain.com is the name I entered in Plesk/Server Settings/Full Hostname.

I removed MyDomain.com from "locals" file and Qmail works again.

What is the rigth thing to do?
What should I enter in Plesk/Server Settings/Full Hostname?

Back