1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Qmail doesn't recognise new domains

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by SlinkeY, Oct 25, 2005.

1. SlinkeY

SlinkeY Guest

I have a problem on my PSA 7.5.4 that when i add a new domain, qmail doesn't recognise it.
    I have tried to look in /var/qmail/control/virtualdomain, and the new domains are in this list.

Here is the error i get:
    <mail@thom.no>:
    Sorry. Although I'm listed as a best-preference MX or A for that host, it isn't in my control/locals file, so I don't treat it as local. (#5.4.6)

I use Debian in my installation.

2. SlinkeY

SlinkeY Guest

Also my "/var/qmail/control/locals" file only has "localhost" in it.
    Is this wrong? If so, how do i fix this problem without doing it manually?

3. HopChop

HopChop Guest

When I renamed some domains I had to restart qmail to get the new ones to work. Maybe a restart will fix your problems?

4. SlinkeY

SlinkeY Guest

I have restarted qmail, also i have tried updatedb. Nothing helps. :S This is a big problem for me.

5. SlinkeY

SlinkeY Guest

Also i have runned qmail-showctrl to get an output, and it includes the domains that cannot recieve mail :S

6. ShadowMan@

ShadowMan@ Guest

On Plesk servers, the 'locals' file does not contain the domains, you have to make sure the domains are listed in the files:

/var/qmail/control/virtualdomains
    (one domain per line with a colon and prefix number for each)

and

/var/qmail/control/rcpthosts
    (one domain per line)