• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

QMail Issues

C

c1markp

I have Plesk 7.5.3 Reloaded on Fedora Core and I'm having a couple problems with qmail.

1. When I go to send a message I get the annoying 30 second delay. I 've change /etc/xinetd.d/smtp_psa to include
server_args = -Rt0

yes there is space on either side. I also setup the firewal to REJECT rather than drop packets with a source and destination of 113.

2. I get a lot of '553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)' messages with SMTP_Auth both with Auth and pop3 before smtp features. I've setup whitelists for a couple locations for now, but that won't work for all our clients.

Any help would be appreciated.

1. Restart xinetd with:

/etc/init.d/xinetd restart

2. Are you sure that you use the SMTP authentication in the email client? Also execute:

/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/mchk

It will regenerate the qmail control files.

Re: 553 errors:
All my users with the rcpthost thing are authenticating, and it only happens with some external hosts, not all.

Re: Delay with SMTP

I have restarted xinetd many times. I also tried using -R as well as -Rt0 and restarting xinetd.

I setup a new firewall rule to accept all incoming connections with a source of anything and a destination of 113. I still get the delay. Other users don't get a delay at all.

Does your e-mail get checked against MAPS RBL? If so you might wanna try other servers to check against as well.

rgds,

LiquidSolid

Back