• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

QMAIL Local queue delivering Extremely SLOW!

T

techie411

Our local queue is delivering extremely slow. Load is just fine at 3. Memory utilization is fine. And the funny thing is that it's only affecting the local queue, but not the remote queue:

-bash-3.00# /var/qmail/bin/qmail-qstat
messages in queue: 917
messages in queue but not yet preprocessed: 106

-bash-3.00# /var/qmail/bin/qmHandle -s
Messages in local queue: 805
Messages in remote queue: 16

I checked a lot of the "qmail slow" posts in these forums and none of them seem to be the cause. I am suspecting there is some sort of limit reached, but I do not know for sure. Did anyone experience any strange issue relating to this? I know that every time the "messages in queue but not yet preprocessed" number goes above 50, email delays start to happen.

Does anyone know any way I can troubleshoot the issue further? Everything seems to look fine on the server.

Also, I found this article in regards to the "silly qmail syndrome" - http://qmail.jms1.net/silly-qmail.shtml

Is anyone familiar with this "Silly qmail syndrome"? I think that the problem could be related to this. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Increasing the number of qmail-local processes can help:
# echo 30 > /var/qmail/control/concurrencylocal

Back