• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

QMAIL - Mail Stuck in Remote Queue

bskrakes

Basic Pleskian
Hi there,

So I have spent my day trying to figure out QMAIL and Plesk... Right now (this is just on one domain ATM) I can receive e-mail but when I send or reply my messages are getting stuck in the "remote queue." I have tried checking my log file but it contains no data/log info:
[root@ip xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx httpdocs]# ls -l /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog
-rw-r----- 1 root root 0 Mar 26 11:17 /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog

I also tried re-installing the rpm psa-qmail but had not success: (see KB: http://kb.odin.com/en/252)
rpm -Uvh --force psa-qmail....

I also downloaded and installed "qmHandle." If I run a "./qmHandle -a" I assumed that it could force the mail to be sent, however that wasn't the case.
[root@ip-0000 qmHandle]# ./qmHandle
qmHandle v1.2.3
Copyright 1998-2003 Michele Beltrame

Available parameters:
-a : try to send queued messages now (qmail must be running)
-l : list message queues
-L : list local message queue
-R : list remote message queue
-s : show some statistics
-mN : display message number N
-dN : delete message number N
-Stext : delete all messages that have/contain text as Subject
-D : delete all messages in the queue (local and remote)
-V : print program version

Additional (optional) parameters:
-c : display colored output
-N : list message numbers only
(to be used either with -l, -L or -R)

You can view/delete multiple message i.e. -d123 -v456 -d567

I have also increased the default sending speed of QMAIL: (see KB: http://kb.odin.com/en/1414)
# echo 50 > /var/qmail/control/concurrencyremote

I don't know how much more I can do... I am sort of getting desperate here! I have rebooted the server and basically searched Google high and low! Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Ok first issues was with RELAY. Because I have a VDS (Virtual Dedicated Server) I have to send my e-mails via RELAY, can't believe I missed this. As for the logging well syslogd was most likely not turned on.

Thanks!

Same Issue

Hello,

I have the exact same issue that you are having. I am using PHP script to send mail and they are getting stuck in the queue. I am using parallels with a virtual dedicated server. Can you please post what you did to fix your issue.

Thanks

Jon

Go Daddy VDS with Plesk & qmail

Alright so I had to add the Go Daddy SMTP server to my qmail smtproutes file. If this file does not exist create it, the path should be:

/var/qmail/control

Once you create the file add the SMTP server to the file:

:mail.your-smtp-server.com

So your file path and file should look like:

/var/qmail/control/smtproutes
smtproutes file: (server name is probably different)
:smtp.secureserver.net

Be sure to restart qmail:

service qmail restart

That should do the trick. Check out this blog for more information.

Back