• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Qmail Meltdown

J

jpplante

Hello, I hope someone can help me get my system functioning again. We currently have Plesk 9.2.1 running on SuSe Enterprise 10.0. I had a strange problem with not being able to delete a user. During my troubleshooting I found tons of posts on the forums referring to running the "mchk" utility.

I ran the utility it seemed to take forever. Once it was done I started to get:

Sorry. Although I'm listed as a best-preference MX or A for that host,
it isn't in my control/locals file, so I don't treat it as local. (#5.4.6)

On all of my domains I am hosting. I went in to a domain and disabled email for that domain and then enabled it back. I stopped getting the errors and I could telnet to port 25 and run a basic email through, which was accepted. However All emails are now bouncing with this:

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at plesk.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<[email protected]>:

There is no reason attached to the bounce at all. It just says sorry. I am at a loss and currently am completely down. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks for any help...

Update to situation:

It appears that the filesystem had a few issues...I booted to single user mode and ran "reiserfsck" to repair the file system. Once this was done I re-ran the mchk. Again Things did not work properly. The logs mentioned something about Dr.Web which I do not use and had disabled. I then enable Dr. Web and soon after diabled it again. All the problems went away.

Kind of quirky if you ask me.

Back