• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Qmail no longer sends after Upgrading to 10.2

S

SeanBB

Can Anyone from Parallels reply to this soon ?

Qmail no longer sends after Upgrading to 10.2 running on a Godaddy dedicated server. Qmail is configured to forward messages to another smtp server. Each attempt to send a message results with Sorry, I couldn't find a mail exchanger or IP address. (#5.4.4) although they're no issues with DNS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had same problem too. But switching to Postfix was the quick suggestion.

After switching to Postfix I had to adjust php.ini files to not use qmail-inject anymore. So commented out sendmail_path from all php.ini files /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini and /etc/php5/cli/php.ini

; sendmail_path=/var/qmail/bin/qmail-inject

Have submitted a ticket

I've submitted a ticket to GoDaddy for my server to see if they have a work around. I've seen a few comments that Dedicated and Virtual Dedicated servers with them have this issue.

I got this error:

Apr 9 13:16:13 server qmail: 1302369373.126487 delivery 74: failure: Sorry,_I_couldn't_find_a_mail_exchanger_or_IP_address._(#5.4.4)/

from this log
/usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog

The temp fix until Plesk fixes it for me was to replace my email server with its ip address in smtproutes.

This is what I did
1. Get to the directory: cd /var/qmail/control/
2. Backup your file: mv smtproutes smtproutes.bak
3. Edit the file I with the editor you use, mine is nano: nano smtproutes
4. Look at what your mailserver is: :Something.mailserver.here
4. Find its ip address and replace it this is a sample not a real ip address, mine had a colon in front it: :55.555.55.5555
5. Save the smtproutes file
6. Restart your dns server
7. Restart your qmail server

hope it helps

What is the status of this fix? I also have a dedicated server with GoDaddy. All external outgoing mail is coming back with that #5.4.4 error.

neoweo's temp fix did the trick but I'm guessing Parallels and GoDaddy should be talking to each other about this one and let us know what the proper fix is.

Last edited:
Back