• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

.qmail overwritten

S

skolar

I've seen that plesk likes to overwrite edits of .qmail files (and probably other files as well) when certain events are trigger.

An event might be adding a new domain or something (i'm not sure which other events, but i know if does this one for sure).

I need to have my edits in .qmail files persistent across these events. How can this be possible? Why does it overwrite changes in other domains when a new domain is created?

Thanks.

You must change the attributes of the .qmail file and make it immutable with:

chattr +i .qmail

It will no longer be overwritten, but you will not be able to delete the domain due to it also.

Its really important to also mention that a lot of Plesk utilities (and upgrading etc.) may fail to continue if they encounter a non writable/deletable file!

This caused a lot of problems for me with the mchk utility - (see another thread started by me) - causing mchk to only write partial controlfiles in the qmail controls folder.

As much as I really like Plesk I still think that errorhandling in Plesk is in need of much development!

But at least I've noticed in the recent versions of Plesk it no longer necessarely overwrite the .qmail file - but actually only changes the first line (when changing SpamAssasin settings).

But I've really struggled with the mail settings the last couple of days - due to a locked file as mentioned above.

(and I'm still not sure I've seen the last of the problems yet - but must admit Sw-Soft Support Team has done a good deal to help - thumbs up for that!)

what do you mean by it only changes the 1st line? My .qmail files are only 2 lines originally and the edits i made make the file 1 line as i have all email to that address redirected to a php script.

If this gets changed, then what?

I'm using plesk 7.5.2 reloaded btw.

Back