• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Qmail Problem on every Upgrade

• Thread starter Christian Brauweiler
  • Start date
C

Christian Brauweiler

Hi Community,

i've noticed that with every update of the Plesk panel the hostname is not spelled correctly in the configuration of Qmail. Every time I have to manually edit the hostname in file /var/qmail/control/me. There is usually only the hostname and not the FQDN. Without the FQDN mails e.g. rejected by GMX.

Can somebody confirm this error?

As far as I know this problem has been fixed since 9.5.0 version. I have checked it on my test Plesk servers and found hostnames in FQDN format there.

it isn't! made an update from 9.5.2 to 10.0.1, the same error ;-)

The problem still exists.
I upgraded 2 servers from 9.5.2 to 9.5.3 and both servers had only the short hostname in /var/qmail/control/me and /var/qmail/control/locals.
The files had been correct before upgrade.

Regards,

chris

And again ...
I upgraded from 10.0.1 to 10.2 and again the /var/qmail/control/me is again corrupted.

So this bug is still valid.

Regards,

Chris

I have informed developers. Request Id #27293 for your reference.

Additional info:
me (before upgrade): hostname.domain.tld
me (after upgrade): hostname.(none)

As possible workaround you should write correct hostname to /etc/hosts for 127.0.0.1
After that command 'hostname' will return hostname in FQDN format.

I have another problem with QMail, Since version 10.3, on every update, qmail does not restart correctly. I have to restart it from the plesk panel. If I do /etc/init.d/qmail restart, it does not work. Only the restart button in the panel has an effect.

Additionnally, the status in the panel is always shown as "stopped", even after qmail restarted and works.

Use /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mailmng utility for qmail restarting. --help option for details.

Back