• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

qmail queue won't send messages

southy

Basic Pleskian
Hi there,

I've got a mailman-list with ~200 recipients.
3 days ago I sent a newsletter.

Now when I look into the plesk webinterface -> mail -> mailqueue I see this:
plsk.jpg

And /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/mailqueuemng -l
consistently to the screenshot gives me:

Code:
9011656 (3, R)
  Return-path: [email][email protected][/email]
  To: "NEWSLETTERNAME" <[email protected]>
  Subject: News XXXX
  Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 18:56:19 +0100
  Size: 11344 bytes
  Queue Time: 1194889802 sec
  Envelope Recipients (R): 
[email][email protected][/email] [and a long list of hundrets of mail adresses following.]

Now I don't understand a very basic thing:
The recipients listet here in the queue, did all of these not yet receive the newsletter? Because the number of adresses listed here in the queue is ~about the number of recipients of the list, so that would mean there aren't just _some_ messages delayed (e.g. by greylisting, whatever) but no message at all has been sent?!?!

So again: Do I understand correctly that all the recipients listed in the qmail queue did NOT yet receive the mail; or does qmail list all recipients in a batch even though some (most) of them have yet been delievered?

So what now? Why is this mail in the queue after 3 days anyways?

I tried /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/mailqueuemng -a
to flush the queue.
The result is that I get some ~10 qmail-remote threads in ps -aux, but only once. Not recurring for each of the ~300 recipients.
It seems qmail starts its maximum number of parallel remote threads (~10) and stops deliviering once these are through?!

Can someone please explain what happens here?
Is the newsletter being delivered or not? Why is it in the queue since 3 days?

/var/log/mail.info and mail.err do not contain any helpful errors.

I've also restarted qmail several times, rebooted the server, tried to flush by sending -ALRM to qmail-send, nothing seems to have any effect.

Please help! :)

Thanks in advance,
southy

Hi,

Strange enough it seems that normal mail operation (other mails) are being sended through the server, just these mailman-operated mail won't get through (or rather: I don't know wether they are being sended or not). Could someone please help here and tell me how to find out wether they are sended or not? How can I determine wether a mail with ~200 recipients in a qmail-queue has been sent to 199 of those or to none at all?

Thanks,
southy

Back