• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

qmail running but stopped/unstartable from Services Management

J

jrlo2

Hoping someone has some advice on how to resolve this situation...

We did a clean install of Plesk v8.2.1 on a FreeBSD v6.2 server. Everything seems to be working properly so far, except for Plesk's control over qmail.

When I look at the Services Management page in the Server section when logged in as administrator, it shows qmail as being stopped / not running. See attached image.

If I try to start the qmail service from there, Plesk goes away and does something, but never shows qmail as running from that Plesk interface.

However, qmail is actually running on the server! It shows up in the list of processes running on the server when I check from the command prompt, and even seems to be functioning properly. I created a domain in Plesk, and mail and webmail work properly for outgoing messages.

How can I resolve this problem with the Plesk interface so that it is aware qmail is running, and can control it from Services Management page of the Plesk interface?

thanks in advance!

Hoping someone has some advice on how to resolve this situation...

We did a clean install of Plesk v8.2.1 on a FreeBSD v6.2 server. Everything seems to be working properly so far, except for Plesk's control over qmail.

When I look at the Services Management page in the Server section when logged in as administrator, it shows qmail as being stopped / not running. See attached image.

If I try to start the qmail service from there, Plesk goes away and does something, but never shows qmail as running from that Plesk interface.

However, qmail is actually running on the server! It shows up in the list of processes running on the server when I check from the command prompt, and even seems to be functioning properly. I created a domain in Plesk, and mail and webmail work properly for outgoing messages.

How can I resolve this problem with the Plesk interface so that it is aware qmail is running, and can control it from Services Management page of the Plesk interface?

thanks in advance!

I have the exact same problem... I just built a FreeBSD 6.2 server with a fresh install of Plesk 8.2.1. If you tail /var/log/messages it spits out the error that qmail-send is already running. I have a feeling the problem lies with the RC scripts within /usr/local/etc/rc.d There is a qmail script that can be called and is being called from the psa.sh script, but qmail is being called ahead of time and is starting from there.

Let me play around a bit and I think I can come up with a good answer here.

http://forum.swsoft.com/showthread.php?t=37698&highlight=service+state

Seems to be a bug. After quite a bit of messing around I'd have to agree. There is no logic to it other than a bug. The service is running properly and functions perfectly. The services page must not be able to pull the status of the server properly. I'll shoot an email over to SW-Soft and maybe they have some brilliance to explain this.

Good to know I am not the only one seeing this problem. This is the only major problem I have noticed so far in v8.2; otherwise, everything else seems to be working properly.

Hi to all comrades!

Do you have MAPS protection enabled on your servers(DNS zones for DNSBL service at Plesk -> Server -> Mail, preferences tab)?
Try to disable it temporary and check service status.

If there are a lot of BL servers configured check if all of them can be resolved.

Also check time of connection to 25 port, for example with the following command:

time telnet <ip> 25

Back