• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

qmail security

O

Osmolovsky

anoter question.

if client buy hosting for spam purposes (he dont say about it ^) and make spam sending from his local account (127.0.0.1:25) by scripts or connect to smtp from his machine.

How i can detect trying to send spam's and stop it automaticaly?

I think one of solution is control "number of messges/hour" but dont uderstand how to realize that. And how to realize that on separate client.

Any ideas?

ps. sry for my English ^)

You can do this only with a queue wrapper which drops emails based on an IP history. Such feature does not exist in the standard qmail. But technically it can be done.

What hardweb means is, Plesk does not keep track of how many emails an account has sent over any given period of time. The qmail wrapper script would be placed where qmail-send usually is, and would keep track of how many emails a particular account has sent, say over the last hour.

Then you'd configure the wrapper script to say "If someone has sent more than 500 emails in the last hour, reject any additional mail from them"

However, you'd have to be careful not to block legitimate users that send out thousands of emails on a legitimate email list (using mailman or whatever).

Also, I'm not aware of any that work with plesk's custom structure. Doesn't mean they dont exist, though.

Back