• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Qmail smtpreject, what is rejectnonexist in Qmail config?

D

DaveNET@

Hi,

We just installed 7.51 Reloaded and are trying to reduce our spam load. The Qmail smtp reject is what I'm concerned with at the moment.

There seems to be a related file in /var/qmail/control called rejectnonexist. It's empty at this point.

What is the file used for? It looks like it was installed over the weekend when the new 7.5.1 files were installed.

I'm getting 5,000 - 10,000 new spams to non-existent users on my server in my queue each morning and am anxious to see this function working correctly.

David

In the control panel for a domain -> Mail -> Preferences is a switch for handling a non-existent user. If you choose to reject rather than bounce email, an entry is placed in rejectnonexist to generate a reject message rather than a bounce message.
I'm currently look for a command line entry to properly change that object so I don't have to visit the CP for each domain.

You can make a mass change to rejectnonexist as the Plesk Admin -> Domains -> Group Operations.

Is this available in 10.4

Is this available in 10.4?

I found a manual that says it does but i don't see it.

Back