• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

qmail+vpopmail

W

warrior

I have a leased version of Plesk 7.5.2 with qmail and need to know if vpopmail is installed by default with qmail or Plesk.
In case it is not, what tool does it handle mails under the virtual domains?
Thanks,
MW

I have never heard of vpopmail. Qmail uses its config files to control virtual domains.

Take a look at www.inter7.com/vpopmail/ .
For some reasons some mails at our server are not being delivered and stay in the queue. Therefore we wanted to install a tool which allow us to manage the queue at qmail, i.e. delete, force delivery or check out why we are having this problem.
There is a tool with a web interface named Qmail Admin http://sourceforge.net/projects/qmailadmin/, but vpopmail has to be installed therefore.
Any other ideas how we can handle the queue or see what is causing this problem?

Yea, QMHandle is how I manage everything in the queue if the need arises.

Does somebody have experience with Qmail Admin? I see some limitations at QHandle.. or do I not know the programm too much..

Yea, I've used Qmail Admin elsewhere but Plesk does not use vpopmail, so you're out of luck...

qmHandle lets you see the size of the local/remote queues, force the mail in the queues to be sent, see the individual emails in the queues and their queue number, lets you read the emails, and lets you flush the queues if you get too much spam stuck in them. Everything an admin needs and what you said you were looking for. You need to look at the maillogs in order to see what the delivery problem is, /usr/local/psa/var/log.

From what I can tell, Qmail admin just lets you add emails and mailing lists, which is already handled by PSA. It does nothing that your looking to do.

1. Does somebody has used qmqtool?
http://jeremy.kister.net/code/qmqtool/
Have read some reviews that it should have some better tools than qmHandle.

2. Does somebody knows a tool where we could see the amount of mails sent and received sorted by domain?

Back