• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question about Domain Alias and email redirects

S

shastacola

Hello,

I noticed that this new version of plesk has a domain alias feature which has a mail forwarding feature. I just need to know how this feature works, it looks like it forwards mail to the main domain, I just don't understand how this feature works. Where is this message sent, do I have to do anything special to make sure that the emails are redirected to a specific email address?

Thank you!

the feature works this way: in qmail configs, for e.g. [email protected]'s mailbox (usually /var/qmail/mailnames/domain.tld/user/) another record is created -- [email protected] (which points to the same mailbox path). So, after enabling mail domain alias you do not need to do anything else -- Plesk will do this for you.

Hi,

I desperately need to set up e-mail accounts (actually, redirects would be just fine) for my domain aliases. I do not see Plesk 8.2 offering this but I am sure there is a way.

Please, please help - thank you!

Tomas

Took me days, but found a solution - see it documented here: http://www.vacilando.eu/node/778

Hope the SWsoft / Parallels people will soon develop controls for mailbox and redirect setup within Plesk!

Tomáš

Back