• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Question Question about Plesk Web Admin SE license

scottydev

New Pleskian
I got a notification regarding my free Plesk Web Admin SE license permanently expiring in Oct 31. Is it urgent to renew? What do I stand to lose access to if I don't renew? Isn't this just free? Can anyone advise.

Hello, @scottydev. The Web Admin SE license will be discontinued and it will become inactive on the 1st of September (for Vultr). While this will not affect the accessibility of your website, the Plesk panel will no longer be operational.

It's discontinued so we can't renew it? If the Plesk panel won't be operational how else will we be able to access the different things like the backups and other things?

Unfortunately, it will not be possible to renew it. The license type itself is being deprecated. You will need to consider switching to the Plesk Web Pro Edition, Web Host Edition, or Web Admin Edition (if supported by your provider) licenses. Considering that the backup service is powered by Plesk, the same will no longer be operational after the license expiration. You will still have access to the already generated backup copies.

Back