• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Question about securing my e-mails with SSL (not working properly atm)

Ivica

New Pleskian
Hello all

First off I checked forums for similar issues but didnt find them so I'm sorry if this question was asked already.

We have plesk 12.5. We have a working wildcard SSl on it. Panel is working fine with SSL.

But I cannot make e-mails to work with that ssl.

Outlook and others keep responding that certificate is not valid.

I'll explain a bit more.

We have a website website.com on server example.server.com ....SSL is for example.server.com.

https://example.server.com:8443/ working fine, no issues there.

But if we try to configure outlook to work with ssl it complains that ssl cert is for example.server.com and not for website.com.

Ok, that made sense so I switched mail servers in outlook from mail.website.com to example.server.com. Mail is working fine but once again SSl is not working and it is complaining again that certificate is not proper. It shouldn't complain this time cause SSL is made for that name.

What am I doing wrong? Do I miss something?

Is it actually possible to make domain mails to work with ssl?

Ps..

I even installed a new ssl cert for that domain (not the panel one) and website is working fine over that ssl (no error) but once again mails report wrong ssl cert :(.

Hi Ivica,

if you desire a custom certificate for a hosted domain on your server for your mail - server configuration, pls. consider to ( manual ) change configuration files with the examples from:

=> #26
=> #11 / #2 / #4

Back