• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question to our Turkish customers about localization

custer

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,

We have a question for our Turkish customers (or those who are fluent in Turkish language) about our Turkish translation and we would be very grateful for your input.

We are getting conflicting opinions about localization of the word "Domain" (as in "domain name"), which also affects translation of related words like "subdomain", "domain alias", and so on.

One opinion is that "domain" should be translated as "Etki Alani".
Another opinion is that "domain" should be translated as "Alan Adi".

We'd like to provide a high-quality and correct localization for our Turkish customers, so we'd love to hear feedback from native Turkish speakers on this. Which translation is correct?

Thank you very much for your input.

Hello,

Regular use is for:
Domain: Etki Alanı
Domain Name: Etki Alanı Adı

Also I want to ask you about turkish translation of Plesk Panel and I want to Plesk is shipped with turkish language including plesk-installer.
So I want to translate Plesk professionally and complete.
I want to talk about myself. My name is Burak, I am IT Manager at hospital in Istanbul/Turkey. I am translating lots of applications (generally web applications) and keep them up to date.
I am offical translater of phpMyAdmin and it's documentation, Apache OpenOffice and it's turkish web site, wingftpserver, bsplayer, weblate.org, crowdin.com, transifex.com, Maxthon Browser and it's web so on...

Best Regards
Burak Yavuz

Last edited:
One opinion is that "domain" should be translated as "Etki Alani".

this is the true one.

Last edited:
Hi,

thanks everyone for your answers regarding ‘domain’!

We have a few other terms that we’d like to run by you. Could you please vote for the option you think is the most correct for Turkish?
Thank you in advance for your help! It’s much appreciated. As always, we strive to deliver high quality Turkish language packs.

1. Password
a) Parola
b) Şifre

2. Email
a) E-posta
b) Eposta

3. Interface
a) Arabirim
b) Arayüz

Hi,

In my opinion "Domain" can't be translated as "Etki alanı". I didn't see anybody who is using this expression related to web services.

If you look at websites of any hosting provider in Turkey, you will see only "Alan adı".

Regarding your last questions;

1. Şifre

2. E-posta

3. Arayüz

Back