• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Question to PHP and MariaDB Settings

sall10

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

I use Obsidian with centos 7.8 apache http2 and nginx reverse proxy. MariaDB Version10.3. I installed on my dev Domain Wordpress with Theme and added a 5 images, nothing more. The Website is loading really slow with just wp / theme installed. PHP 7.3 FastCgi with Opcache on and 1024MB RAM is set. I increased output puffer and max-input vars:
output_buffering = 16384
max_input_vars = 5000

But the Page is still loading and behaving slow.

Would it made sense to use FPM severed by Apache instead fastcgi ? What would be some recommended settings?

Or would there be some MariaDB Tweaks to increase DB performance?

Thx

Please check that you have following messages in /var/www/vhosts/example.com/logs/error_log:

WordPress database error Lock wait timeout exceeded

This means that database is locked by several simultaneous queries. In this case set the higher value for innodb_lock_wait_timeout in /etc/my.cnf or
/etc/mysql/my.cnf file in [mysqld] and [mysqld_safe] sections:

# grep innodb_lock_wait_timeout /etc/my.cnf
innodb_lock_wait_timeout=100
innodb_lock_wait_timeout=100

Restart mysql (mariadb) service:
# service mysql restart

Thanks Igor for your reply. I dont get the the error WordPress database error Lock wait timeout exceeded

I just have this Errors in the error.log:

[proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 105732:tid 140406306109184]

Error parsing script headers, referer:

[proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 105732:tid 140406306109184] AH01068: Got bogus version 95, referer:

[proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 105732:tid 140406306109184] (22)Invalid argument: [AH01075: Error dispatching request

Check that SELinux is in enforcing mode with

# getenforce

I set SELinux to enforcing now, but after trying access with root ssh cannot login /bin/bash: Permission denied

Also when I try to access via SFTP, I get
FATAL ERROR: Received unexpected end-of-file from SFTP server
Could not connect to server

I just can access via Plesk Login still

Why is the access via root not allowed ? Can I somewhere change now the Policy again, to be able to access via SSH / SFTP again ?

Thx

Last edited:
Plesk Installer - removed SELinux rebooted, tried again, but still SSH / SFTP Access not possible..

Then went to the Provider Panel and had there under Tools Knoppix available, mounted from Knoppix the Servers Filesystem and disabled SeLinux, restarted Server now SSH / SFTP is working again :)

Last edited:
Any advice what I can do regarding the performance, like some tweaking settings for MariaDB, PHP, Apache / Nginx ?? My VPS Server has 8 GB RAM, 4v Code, SSD

Thx

I know the "bogus" issue from several websites. Most often it has one of these three reasons:
- A script of the website is not finishing, because it waits on input from an external resource, e.g. another script, an externally located URL etc.
- A script of the website is not finishing, because it is in a while...next loop and never reaches the exit condition
- A rewrite rule creates an infinite rewrite loop, because there is an inconsistency between webserver and script configuration, e.g. the websites expects a resource to rewrite to www..., but the web server is configured to always redirect to the non-www spelling (same with SSL/non-SSL or similar constructions).

Back