• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Queue Mails Probrem

O

omegauser

I have queued like 120 mails show in qstat command.

How do I kill them or send them inmeditatly because there are messages stuck in there for 5 days.

Any Ideas?

I personally wouldn't care about it, it is a losing battle trying to worry about 120 messages in the mail queue. Eventually qmail will flush them out after several days.

I need also to get rid of the queue messages, I do have qhandle and it works for the messages on queue, but right now I have messages on the preprocessed queue and do not know how to get rid of them! (I stopped qmail so they are waiting to be sent)

I know they come from bad sources, they are from a exploit application.

qstat
messages in queue: 1587
messages in queue but not yet preprocessed: 1614

qhandle -l
Messages in local queue: 0
Messages in remote queue: 0

qhandle -R
Messages in local queue: 0
Messages in remote queue: 0

since they are "preprocessed" I cannot use qhandle to delete them!

thanks, I am trying it now.

I think I find the trick.
te preprocessed messages was there because I stopped qmail (service qmail stop) to avoid the spam sending. but the malicious script was still running so the messages was recieved on the preprocessed queue.

So I went to the qmail controls and changed to 0 the concurrencylocal and concurrencyremote. Started qmail

qmail start to process messages and move them to the queue but the server doesn't send anything (because the control 0 )

after the preprocessed queue is done, ran a qmhandle -S to delete the spam messages (all of them had the same subject) and deleted all the dangerous messages!

restored the concurrencylocal and remote and restart qmail.

hope it work for someone else.

Back