• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Forwarded to devs Quick access option to extensions catalog is not working anymore

Hangover2

Regular Pleskian
Username: Hangover2

TITLE

Quick access option to extensions catalog is not working anymore

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

Plesk Obsidian 18.0.38 Update #1, Debian 10.10, x86-64

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

Quick access option to extensions catalog is not working anymore even though quickAccess is set to true.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

- use "Panel.ini Editor" and set quick access for extensions catalog:

Code:
[ext-catalog]

quickAccess = true

ACTUAL RESULT

The quick access layer does not show up anymore when hovering the "Extensions" menu entry with one exception: the extensions catalog page is open.

EXPECTED RESULT

The quick access layer should show up on every page of the Plesk admin panel when hovering the "Extensions" menu entry.

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM

Confirm bug

Over 6 months later, this bug is still present in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.43.0.

Quick access works on some pages (Service Plans, Extensions, WordPress, Monitoring, Profile & Preferences, Change Password and Custom Buttons (under Links to Additional Services)).
However, it still doesn't work when on pages like Home, Customers, Domains, Subscriptions, Tools & Settings.

@IgorG , I couldn't find EXTCATALOG-552 on the release notes for Plesk Obsidian. Am I correct in assuming that this implies that the bug is still present?
Or should I make a new bug report for it?

Am I correct in assuming that this implies that the bug is still present?
Or should I make a new bug report for it?
This bug is not fixed yet. As far as I know, the fix is planned for the 1.16.0 version of Extension Catalog.

@IgorG , I found the following:
Code:
# grep '<version>' /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/catalog/meta.xml
  <version>1.16.1</version>

Unfortunately the issue is still present and it has been almost a year now since the above bug report.

Quick access for extensions has been available before, so this is a regression that hasn't been fixed (for about a year now).
As a paying Plesk customer, I would like to see this issue solved.

How can this be corrected and prioritized more?
Thank you.

I see that EXTCATALOG-552 fix was shifted to 1.7.0 version.

Back