• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Ram Disk installation

HATIRA POLAT ARKALI

New Pleskian
Hello
I have Vps with 32Gb ram and Plesk 17 and Usualy I am using Wordpress for my web sites.
And I need to Upgrade my Wordpress Performance now.
and I am Looking best solution for wordpress Performance and I am looking Guide for plesk

I am Already using Php 5.6.30 + FPM Apllication + Nginx

I want to install Ramdisk And I want to run my wordpres file or database with ramdisk
How is possible? how can I install and configure ramdisk?
Or any other solution?

And Another Question is about Gzip Compresion. I already activate Gzip on Nginx with "Additional nginx directives" page on plesk and When I Ceck Gzip
on https://checkgzipcompression.com it is working fine
But When I check my website speed on gtmetrix.com ,I get gzip not activate attention.

my Web site is:
https://marinborsa.com

And this is my complete Additional nginx directives for rewrite rules and for gzip activation:

#Rewrite multisite '.../wp-.*' and '.../*.php'.
if (!-e $request_filename) {
rewrite /wp-admin$ $scheme://$host$uri/ permanent;
rewrite ^/[_0-9a-zA-Z-]+(/wp-.*) $1 last;
rewrite ^/[_0-9a-zA-Z-]+(/.*\.php)$ $1 last;
}
if (!-e $request_filename)
{
rewrite ^(.+)$ /index.php?q=$1 last;
}

rewrite ^/sitemap(-+([a-zA-Z0-9_-]+))?\.xml$ "/index.php?xml_sitemap=params=$2" last;
rewrite ^/sitemap(-+([a-zA-Z0-9_-]+))?\.xml\.gz$ "/index.php?xml_sitemap=params=$2;zip=true" last;
rewrite ^/sitemap(-+([a-zA-Z0-9_-]+))?\.html$ "/index.php?xml_sitemap=params=$2;html=true" last;
rewrite ^/sitemap(-+([a-zA-Z0-9_-]+))?\.html.gz$ "/index.php?xml_sitemap=params=$2;html=true;zip=true" last;

gzip_proxied any;
gzip on;
gzip_comp_level 2;
gzip_http_version 1.0;
gzip_proxied any;
gzip_min_length 1100;
gzip_buffers 16 8k;
gzip_types text/plain text/html text/css application/x-javascript text/xml application/xml application/xml+rss text/javascript;

# Disable for IE < 6 because there are some known problems
gzip_disable "MSIE [1-6].(?!.*SV1)";

# Add a vary header for downstream proxies to avoid sending cached gzipped files to IE6
gzip_vary on;

I think that it would be better to setup MySQL temp directory on RAM disk. Try something like this:

Create a tmpfs directory :

# mkdir /var/tmpfs
# chown mysql:mysql /var/tmpfs

# id mysql

Make sure to get the uid and gid for mysql

# vi /etc/fstab

and add line

tmpfs /var/tmpfs tmpfs rw,uid=xxx,gid=xxx,size=500M,nr_inodes=10k,mode=0700 0 0

with correct uid and gid.
Save and quit.

# mount -a

# vi /etc/my.cnf #or the mysql config file for your server

[mysqld]
tmpdir=/var/tmpfs
tmp_table_size=2K

Restart MySQL server.

Regarding gzip compression for nginx I would recommend to use method described in https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/213380049

I changed the settings with your recommendations but the result is the same for Gzip

gzipcheck.jpg

gtmetrix.jpg

I changed the settings with your recommendations but the result is the same for Gzip
Instructions given are correct, but you may need to expand the MIME type list in

Code:
gzip_types text/plain text/css application/x-javascript text/xml application/xml application/xml+rss text/javascript image/x-icon image/bmp image/svg+xml;

for example
Code:
gzip_types text/plain text/css application/javascript application/x-javascript text/xml application/xml application/xml+rss text/javascript image/x-icon image/bmp image/svg+xml;

because the example given in the FAQ article does not cover all cases. Specificially application/javascript must be added for RHEL/CentOS with latest Apache. Maybe the test suite requires more MIME types, depending on what it tests.

Plus always remember to restart nginx after a change.
# service nginx restart

Instructions given are correct, but you may need to expand the MIME type list in

Code:
gzip_types text/plain text/css application/x-javascript text/xml application/xml application/xml+rss text/javascript image/x-icon image/bmp image/svg+xml;

for example
Code:
gzip_types text/plain text/css application/javascript application/x-javascript text/xml application/xml application/xml+rss text/javascript image/x-icon image/bmp image/svg+xml;

because the example given in the FAQ article does not cover all cases. Specificially application/javascript must be added for RHEL/CentOS with latest Apache. Maybe the test suite requires more MIME types, depending on what it tests.

Plus always remember to restart nginx after a change.
# service nginx restart

Gzip okay now. thank you

I will try Ramdisk installation after backup. What is your Limit recommendation for me?

Last edited:
I guess I installed Ramdisk But I am not sure is it working or not.
I install with 5000 Mb When I check Plesk Panel I see tmpfs disk but No activity in used section.

ramdisk.jpg

I guess I just install Ramdisk.
How can I Run Wordpress database on Ramdisk? and is it Possible to load Wordpress file from ramdisk?
Please Can you give me more detailed information For Speed up my systems

Back